Thursday 7 March 2013

International Women's Day

I could write a big, long, ranty post about so many important issues affecting women today.

Instead, I will be spending the whole day covered in dust and grime, sorting out baby equipment and helping social workers find what they need in order to support the poorest women in Los Angeles.

The poor in America are staggeringly poor (if you are in the UK, this is amazing and heartbreaking and awful. You should watch it with a LARGE glass of wine.) In it's essence, Baby 2 Baby is the living embodiment of International Women's Day. It's women, helping other women. Men are welcomed and encouraged but generally our donors, volunteers, social workers and clients are all women. 

Happy International Women's Day. Let's celebrate being kick-ass lady types.

2 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring. I have been thinking of volunteering, and now I know I just have to do it.
    Hope you have a great day, helping others always manages to make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this (not the horrible poverty o rht fact that it is needed but the fact that it is done).

    ReplyDelete

want to disagree? tell me I'm marvellous? Go 'write' ahead...